Parents, our football coaches and teachers need your help to ensure our players keep warm and enjoy their football for school and clubs.
Whilst we have all experienced a mild day throughout the football season on occasions, it's never long before the cold and wind starts to bite giving us a rude reminder to us all to ensure our players have the appropriate clothing to stay warm and safe to enjoy their football.
Mum's, dad's and carers please remember it is easier to take a layer off if a player gets too warm - if they cool down it can always be put back on. Please ensure that your child or those you are responsible for have access to the following:
- Thermal undershirt- essential for these cold winter mornings.
- Leggings / under trousers - whilst not everybody's favourite, on really cold days they really do help.
- Woolly hat - handy for warm-ups, cool downs and half time though some boys really benefited from hats whilst playing today.
- Gloves - football gloves are usually permitted for training for the little ones and really help those cold wet hands hold onto the ball. A pair of thin gloves for half time and afterwards is really handy.
- Wind proof, waterproof jacket - many of our boys play in these in winter when that icy wind is cutting through the layers and in the rain. Again an excellent value jacket can be bought from the Caldy shop.
- Warm drink - a favourite is a flask of hot weak Ribena (other brands available!) or hot chocolate not only re-hydrates but warms them through.
- Dry clothes for afterwards.
Parents / carers don't forget yourselves either - wellies / thermal boots really do help!
Eskeez can help you and your fledgling footballer to perform at their best.
These super thermal base layers are specifically designed to give you the best weight to warmth ratio available on the market, whilst giving you full range of motion and staying put under your outer clothing, maintaining warmth and comfort whatever the conditions. Enjoy your winter activity without being packed out with unnecessary mid layers.
There are many features of Eskeez that make your football and football training a much more enjoyable experience:
- The sleeves are full length and neat at the cuff to avoid riding up under your other clothing;
- The length of the torso covers your back, bladder and kidneys and protects you from draughts that dramatically reduce your body temperature;
- The fabric has a four way stretch that gives you a full range of motion and stays in contact with your skin whatever your shape or size; Stretch seams complement the fabric's construction and won't chafe or rub whatever conditions you are experiencing;
- The sports shorts and leggings have a deep and comfortable waist band which stretches to the full limit of the fabric and won't put undue pressure on the organs across your back – they are also adjustable with a drawstring cord tied at the front so they won't fall down when you move or stretch forward;
- The ankle seams do not ride up under your trouser leg and stay put through the duration of wear,
- The soft heat seal collar sits neatly under the collar of your jacket, stopping drafts and water as they try to creep down your neck;
- These ski base layers are washed and dried with ease either by hand or at 40 degrees enabling you to wear your Eskeez every day should you wish.
Despite Eskeez' thermal performance, it's exceptional breathing abilities mean that your body moisture is "wicked" away and evaporated before you can get uncomfortable. Each Eskeez garment is Scotchgarded to aid water repellency.
Children love Eskeez because they have freedom of movement whilst keeping warm and toasty
Our Eskeez beanie hat can be worn alone or under the club/school headgear giving you extra insulation and our socks fit neatly under your boots – the full range will give you outstanding thermal protection from head to toe.
The special nature of the fabric gives you the benefit of staying warm even if you are let down by your outer layers and get wet. This special feature of the fabric means that you can use the layers for many other year round activities, even wet sports such as surfing and sailing.